In2 Real Estate Pty Ltd ABN: 29 626 031 454 trading as in2 real estate is committed to protecting your privacy and personal information.
what type of personal information do we collect and hold?
We collect and hold personal information that is necessary for us to conduct our business, provide our services to you and meet our legal obligations. To provide our services we collect and retain personal information including (but not limited to):
- your name, current address, occupation and contact information;
- your age or date of birth;
- billing, credit card information and other credit information including default information;
- details of the products or services you have purchased from us or which you have enquired about;
- government issued identifiers such as Tax File Numbers and Australian Business Numbers; and
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website; and
- information you provide to us through surveys or visits by our representatives from time to time; and
If you apply for a position with us we will collect your name and contact details and it may be disclosed to recruitment agencies for suitability assessment.
We may collect personal information from other parties and publicly available sources, such as from the internet and social media.
how we collect information
Where practicable we will collect personal information directly from you, either in person, in documents, by email or via our website in the course of carrying on our business. We may also collect personal information from third parties, such as business associates, business counterparties or from publicly available sources such as the internet and social media. We will notify you of the main reasons for collecting personal information about you at the time of collection.
how we hold personal information
We hold personal information either in electronic or paper form. We have in place security systems to protect information from unauthorised access.
Where personal information is no longer required for any of our functions or activities we take reasonable steps to ensure that the information is securely destroyed or de-identified.
why we collect your personal information
We collect your personal information in order to:
- provide and offer real estate services to you;
- inform you about our products or services and send communications requested by you;
- contact you and respond to your enquiries;
- assess the performance of our website and to improve its operation;
- manage and account for the services, including recovering any debt you owe us;
- manage our relationships with you and our other clients;
- conduct market research;
- enable you to seek employment with us; and
- facilitate our internal business operations, including fulfilling our legal requirements and professional obligations.
If you do not give your personal information to us it will affect our ability to meet our obligations to you.
how we use and disclose your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- any person, body or agency where we are required or allowed by law;
- our external service providers and advisers on a confidential basis in connection with the operation of our business (for example, data storage, IT service providers, auditors etc);
- any person where necessary or desirable in connection with our provision of real estate services, such as regulatory authorities, subject to our professional obligations;
- contractors or subcontractors of ours who provide administrative or promotional services to us;
- recruitment agencies for suitability assessment if you are seeking employment with us; or
- otherwise as permitted under the APPs or with your express or implied consent.
accuracy, completeness and security of personal information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold is
- accurate, current, complete, relevant and not misleading;
- protected from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
Please let us know if your details change.
accessing and correcting your personal information
If you wish to access your personal information we hold, or have any questions about privacy issues please contact us. We will comply with any request to access your personal information except where the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) or the APPs allow us to refuse to do so. We may require information for us to verify your identity and to specify what information you seek.
There is no fee for requesting access to your personal information. We may charge a fee for granting access to your personal information in a mutually agreed format.
You have the right to ask us to correct information about you that is inaccurate, incomplete, out-of-date, irrelevant or misleading. If we refuse to correct your personal information as requested, we will:
- notify you in writing of the reasons (unless it would be unreasonable to do so) and how to complain about the refusal; and
- upon your request that we associate a statement that the information is inaccurate, incomplete, out-of-date, irrelevant or misleading, take such steps are as reasonable in the circumstances so that it will be apparent to users of the information.
links to other websites
Every care has been taken to verify the accuracy of details on this site. However, no warranty or representation is given or made as to the correctness of the information supplied and in2 real estate does not accept liability/responsibility for any errors or omissions.
questions and complaints
Questions and complaints can be directed to:
We will consider and respond to a complaint within a reasonable period after your request and endeavour to resolve it to your satisfaction. If you are not satisfied with how we handle your enquiry or complaint, you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner on 1300 363 992 or email@example.com.